Wikibækur:Potturinn/Eldri umræður3

Archive Þetta er skjalasafn fyrir gamla umræðu. Ekki breyta efni þessarar síðu. Ef þú vilt halda áfram umræðu, eða hefja nýja, vinsamlegast gerðu það [3 á núverandi spjalli].
Eldri umræður3

Convert complex templates to Lua to make them faster and more powerful

(Please consider translating this message for the benefit of your fellow Wikimedians)

Greetings. As you might have seen on the Wikimedia tech blog or the tech ambassadors list, a new functionality called "Lua" is being enabled on all Wikimedia sites today. Lua is a scripting language that enables you to write faster and more powerful MediaWiki templates.

If you have questions about how to convert existing templates to Lua (or how to create new ones), we'll be holding two support sessions on IRC next week: one on Wednesday (for Oceania, Asia & America) and one on Friday (for Europe, Africa & America); see m:IRC office hours for the details. If you can't make it, you can also get help at mw:Talk:Lua scripting.

If you'd like to learn about this kind of events earlier in advance, consider becoming a Tech ambassador by subscribing to the mailing list. You will also be able to help your fellow Wikimedians have a voice in technical discussions and be notified of important decisions.

Guillaume Paumier, via the Global message delivery system. 13. mars 2013 kl. 19:59 (UTC) (wrong page? You can fix it.)[svara]

Undirbúningur að stofnun Wikimedia félags á Íslandi

Fundur sunnudaginn 7. apríl 2013 á Glætunni kl. 12:30.


Bjarki Sigursveinsson (Bjarki S á wiki)

Svavar Kjarrval (Svavarl á wiki)

Bragi Halldórsson (Bragi H á wiki)


Stofnun deildar innan FSFÍ í stað formlegs Wikimedia félags

Tryggvi hjá FSFÍ bað Svavar um að gera tillögu að breytingum á lögum FSFÍ svo hægt væri að vera með deildir innan þess og hefur hann skilað því af sér um helgina. Sennilega þyrfti samt aðalfund FSFÍ til að gera þær breytingar.

Getum samkvæmt Wikimedia samt sem áður stofnað sjálfstætt félag og haft stöðu user group en þurfum ekki að vera undir FSFÍ. Samstarf við FSFÍ er ekki nauðsynlegt gagnvart Wikimedia.


Einróma ákvörðun fundarins er að stofna sér félag strax og fá kennitölu fyrir félagið. Sótt um stöðu user group, en reyna að fá að nota nafnið Wikimedia Ísland (Wikimedia Iceland). Fordæmi er til vegna Wikimedia Ghana sem er nafn á fyrirhuguðu user group í Ghana. Reyna að koma því við að lög félagsins væru samkvæmt reglum Wikimedia um chapter upp á að einfalda breytingu yfir í chapter síðar.

Bjarki tekur að sér að fara yfir núverandi drög að lögum og sjá hvort þau standist kröfur Wikimedia og íslenskra yfirvalda. Gera ráð fyrir þriggja manna stjórn ef það flýtir fyrir en núverandi drög að lögunum gera ráð fyrir sex stjórnarmeðlimum.

Umsókn Wikinews um aðstoð við að skrá Wikinews á Íslandi

Bjarki er búinn að vera í sambandi við Laura Hale sem hafði samband við okkur í gegnum póstlistann "Icelandic Wikipedia discussion" <>. Wikinews er að skoða hvað það myndi tákna fyrir þau að vera skráð hérlendis ef þingsályktunartillagan sem Alþingi samþykkti um rétt blaðamanna og uppljóstrara gengur eftir.

Ákveðið að halda næsta fund eftir mánuð nema ef eitthvert tilefni kemur upp sem væri ástæða til að flýta honum.

Fundi slitið.


Bragi Halldórsson

-Svavar Kjarrval (spjall) 9. apríl 2013 kl. 20:56 (UTC)[svara]

(Please consider translating this message for the benefit of your fellow Wikimedians. Please also consider translating the proposal.)

Read this message in English / Lleer esti mensaxe n'asturianu / বাংলায় এই বার্তাটি পড়ুন / Llegiu aquest missatge en català / Læs denne besked på dansk / Lies diese Nachricht auf Deutsch / Leś cal mesag' chè in Emiliàn / Leer este mensaje en español / Lue tämä viesti suomeksi / Lire ce message en français / Ler esta mensaxe en galego / हिन्दी / Pročitajte ovu poruku na hrvatskom / Baca pesan ini dalam Bahasa Indonesia / Leggi questo messaggio in italiano / ಈ ಸಂದೇಶವನ್ನು ಕನ್ನಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಓದಿ / Aqra dan il-messaġġ bil-Malti / norsk (bokmål) / Lees dit bericht in het Nederlands / Przeczytaj tę wiadomość po polsku / Citiți acest mesaj în română / Прочитать это сообщение на русском / Farriintaan ku aqri Af-Soomaali / Pročitaj ovu poruku na srpskom (Прочитај ову поруку на српском) / อ่านข้อความนี้ในภาษาไทย / Прочитати це повідомлення українською мовою / Đọc thông báo bằng tiếng Việt / 使用中文阅读本信息。


There is a new request for comment on Meta-Wiki concerning the removal of administrative rights from long-term inactive Wikimedians. Generally, this proposal from stewards would apply to wikis without an administrators' review process.

We are also compiling a list of projects with procedures for removing inactive administrators on the talk page of the request for comment. Feel free to add your project(s) to the list if you have a policy on administrator inactivity.

All input is appreciated. The discussion may close as soon as 21 May 2013 (2013-05-21), but this will be extended if needed.

Thanks, Billinghurst (thanks to all the translators!) 24. apríl 2013 kl. 04:49 (UTC)[svara]

Distributed via Global message delivery (Wrong page? You can fix it.)

[en] Change to wiki account system and account renaming

Some accounts will soon be renamed due to a technical change that the developer team at Wikimedia are making. More details on Meta.

(Distributed via global message delivery 30. apríl 2013 kl. 03:45 (UTC). Wrong page? Correct it here.)

[en] Change to section edit links

The default position of the "edit" link in page section headers is going to change soon. The "edit" link will be positioned adjacent to the page header text rather than floating opposite it.

Section edit links will be to the immediate right of section titles, instead of on the far right. If you're an editor of one of the wikis which already implemented this change, nothing will substantially change for you; however, scripts and gadgets depending on the previous implementation of section edit links will have to be adjusted to continue working; however, nothing else should break even if they are not updated in time.

Detailed information and a timeline is available on meta.

Ideas to do this all the way to 2009 at least. It is often difficult to track which of several potential section edit links on the far right is associated with the correct section, and many readers and anonymous or new editors may even be failing to notice section edit links at all, since they read section titles, which are far away from the links.

(Distributed via global message delivery 30. apríl 2013 kl. 18:35 (UTC). Wrong page? Correct it here.)

Tech newsletter: Subscribe to receive the next editions

Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by Global message deliveryContributeTranslateGet helpGive feedbackUnsubscribe • 20. maí 2013 kl. 20:44 (UTC)
Important note: This is the first edition of the Tech News weekly summaries, which help you monitor recent software changes likely to impact you and your fellow Wikimedians.

If you want to continue to receive the next issues every week, please subscribe to the newsletter. You can subscribe your personal talk page and a community page like this one. The newsletter can be translated into your language.

You can also become a tech ambassador, help us write the next newsletter and tell us what to improve. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. guillom 20. maí 2013 kl. 20:44 (UTC)[svara]

Trademark discussion

Hi, apologies for posting this in English, but I wanted to alert your community to a discussion on Meta about potential changes to the Wikimedia Trademark Policy. Please translate this statement if you can. We hope that you will all participate in the discussion; we also welcome translations of the legal team’s statement into as many languages as possible and encourage you to voice your thoughts there. Please see the Trademark practices discussion (on Meta-Wiki) for more information. Thank you! --Mdennis (WMF) (talk)

Universal Language Selector will be enabled on 2013-07-09

Pywikipedia is migrating to git

Hello, Sorry for English but It's very important for bot operators so I hope someone translates this. Pywikipedia is migrating to Git so after July 26, SVN checkouts won't be updated If you're using Pywikipedia you have to switch to git, otherwise you will use out-dated framework and your bot might not work properly. There is a manual for doing that and a blog post explaining about this change in non-technical language. If you have question feel free to ask in mw:Manual talk:Pywikipediabot/Gerrit, mailing list, or in the IRC channel. Best Amir (via Global message delivery). 23. júlí 2013 kl. 13:21 (UTC)[svara]

HTTPS for users with an account

Greetings. Starting on August 21 (tomorrow), all users with an account will be using HTTPS to access Wikimedia sites. HTTPS brings better security and improves your privacy. More information is available at m:HTTPS.

If HTTPS causes problems for you, tell us on bugzilla, on IRC (in the #wikimedia-operations channel) or on meta. If you can't use the other methods, you can also send an e-mail to

Greg Grossmeier (via the Global message delivery system). 20. ágúst 2013 kl. 19:13 (UTC) (wrong page? You can fix it.)[svara]

Notifications inform you of new activity that affects you -- and let you take quick action.

(This message is in English, please translate as needed)


Notifications will inform users about new activity that affects them on this wiki in a unified way: for example, this new tool will let you know when you have new talk page messages, edit reverts, mentions or links -- and is designed to augment (rather than replace) the watchlist. The Wikimedia Foundation's editor engagement team developed this tool (code-named 'Echo') earlier this year, to help users contribute more productively to MediaWiki projects.

We're now getting ready to bring Notifications to almost all other Wikimedia sites, and are aiming for a 22 October deployment, as outlined in this release plan. It is important that notifications is translated for all of the languages we serve.

There are three major points of translation needed to be either done or checked:

Please let us know if you have any questions, suggestions or comments about this new tool. For more information, visit this project hub and this help page. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 4. október 2013 kl. 18:44 (UTC)[svara]

(via the Global message delivery system) (wrong page? You can fix it.)

Speak up about the trademark registration of the Community logo.

Introducting Beta Features

(Apologies for writing in English. Please translate if necessary)

We would like to let you know about Beta Features, a new program from the Wikimedia Foundation that lets you try out new features before they are released for everyone.

Think of it as a digital laboratory where community members can preview upcoming software and give feedback to help improve them. This special preference page lets designers and engineers experiment with new features on a broad scale, but in a way that's not disruptive.

Beta Features is now ready for testing on It will also be released on Wikimedia Commons and MetaWiki this Thursday, 7 November. Based on test results, the plan is to release it on all wikis worldwide on 21 November, 2013.

Here are the first features you can test this week:

Would you like to try out Beta Features now? After you log in on, a small 'Beta' link will appear next to your 'Preferences'. Click on it to see features you can test, check the ones you want, then click 'Save'. Learn more on the Beta Features page.

After you've tested Beta Features, please let the developers know what you think on this discussion page -- or report any bugs here on Bugzilla. You're also welcome to join this IRC office hours chat on Friday, 8 November at 18:30 UTC.

Beta Features was developed by the Wikimedia Foundation's Design, Multimedia and VisualEditor teams. Along with other developers, they will be adding new features to this experimental program every few weeks. They are very grateful to all the community members who helped create this project — and look forward to many more productive collaborations in the future.

Enjoy, and don't forget to let developers know what you think! Keegan (WMF) (talk) 5. nóvember 2013 kl. 20:05 (UTC)[svara]

Distributed via Global message delivery (wrong page? Correct it here), 5. nóvember 2013 kl. 20:05 (UTC)

Call for comments on draft trademark policy

Request for comment on Commons: Should Wikimedia support MP4 video?

I apologize for this message being only in English. Please translate it if needed to help your community.

The Wikimedia Foundation's multimedia team seeks community guidance on a proposal to support the MP4 video format. This digital video standard is used widely around the world to record, edit and watch videos on mobile phones, desktop computers and home video devices. It is also known as H.264/MPEG-4 or AVC.

Supporting the MP4 format would make it much easier for our users to view and contribute video on Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects -- and video files could be offered in dual formats on our sites, so we could continue to support current open formats (WebM and Ogg Theora).

However, MP4 is a patent-encumbered format, and using a proprietary format would be a departure from our current practice of only supporting open formats on our sites -- even though the licenses appear to have acceptable legal terms, with only a small fee required.

We would appreciate your guidance on whether or not to support MP4. Our Request for Comments presents views both in favor and against MP4 support, based on opinions we’ve heard in our discussions with community and team members.

Please join this RfC -- and share your advice.

All users are welcome to participate, whether you are active on Commons, Wikipedia, other Wikimedia project -- or any site that uses content from our free media repository.

You are also welcome to join tomorrow's Office hours chat on IRC, this Thursday, January 16, at 19:00 UTC, if you would like to discuss this project with our team and other community members.

We look forward to a constructive discussion with you, so we can make a more informed decision together on this important topic. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 16. janúar 2014 kl. 06:47 (UTC)[svara]

Universal Language Selector will be enabled by default again on this wiki by 21 February 2014

On January 21 2014 the MediaWiki extension Universal Language Selector (ULS) was disabled on this wiki. A new preference was added for logged-in users to turn on ULS. This was done to prevent slow loading of pages due to ULS webfonts, a behaviour that had been observed by the Wikimedia Technical Operations team on some wikis.

We are now ready to enable ULS again. The temporary preference to enable ULS will be removed. A new checkbox has been added to the Language Panel to enable/disable font delivery. This will be unchecked by default for this wiki, but can be selected at any time by the users to enable webfonts. This is an interim solution while we improve the feature of webfonts delivery.

You can read the announcement and the development plan for more information. Apologies for writing this message only in English. Thank you. Runa

Amendment to the Terms of Use

Call for project ideas: funding is available for community experiments


I apologize if this message is not in your language. Please help translate it.

Do you have an idea for a project that could improve your community? Individual Engagement Grants from the Wikimedia Foundation help support individuals and small teams to organize experiments for 6 months. You can get funding to try out your idea for online community organizing, outreach, tool-building, or research to help make Wikibækur better. In March, we’re looking for new project proposals.

Examples of past Individual Engagement Grant projects:

Proposals are due by 31 March 2014. There are a number of ways to get involved!

Hope to have your participation,

--Siko Bouterse, Head of Individual Engagement Grants, Wikimedia Foundation 28. febrúar 2014 kl. 19:44 (UTC)[svara]

Proposed optional changes to Terms of Use amendment

Hello all, in response to some community comments in the discussion on the amendment to the Terms of Use on undisclosed paid editing, we have prepared two optional changes. Please read about these optional changes on Meta wiki and share your comments. If you can (and this is a non english project), please translate this announcement. Thanks! Slaporte (WMF) 13. mars 2014 kl. 21:56 (UTC)[svara]

Changes to the default site typography coming soon

This week, the typography on Wikimedia sites will be updated for all readers and editors who use the default "Vector" skin. This change will involve new serif fonts for some headings, small tweaks to body content fonts, text size, text color, and spacing between elements. The schedule is:

  • April 1st: non-Wikipedia projects will see this change live
  • April 3rd: Wikipedias will see this change live

This change is very similar to the "Typography Update" Beta Feature that has been available on Wikimedia projects since November 2013. After several rounds of testing and with feedback from the community, this Beta Feature will be disabled and successful aspects enabled in the default site appearance. Users who are logged in may still choose to use another skin, or alter their personal CSS, if they prefer a different appearance. Local common CSS styles will also apply as normal, for issues with local styles and scripts that impact all users.

For more information:

-- Steven Walling (Product Manager) on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation's User Experience Design team

Media Viewer

Greetings, my apologies for writing in English.

I wanted to let you know that Media Viewer will be released to this wiki in the coming weeks. Media Viewer allows readers of Wikimedia projects to have an enhanced view of files without having to visit the file page, but with more detail than a thumbnail. You can try Media Viewer out now by turning it on in your Beta Features. If you do not enjoy Media Viewer or if it interferes with your work after it is turned on you will be able to disable Media Viewer as well in your preferences. I invite you to share what you think about Media Viewer and how it can be made better in the future.

Thank you for your time. - Keegan (WMF) 23. maí 2014 kl. 21:29 (UTC)[svara]

--This message was sent using MassMessage. Was there an error? Report it!

Media Viewer is now live on this wiki

Media Viewer lets you see images in larger size

Greetings— and sorry for writing in English, please translate if it will help your community,

The Wikimedia Foundation's Multimedia team is happy to announce that Media Viewer was just released on this site today.

Media Viewer displays images in larger size when you click on their thumbnails, to provide a better viewing experience. Users can now view images faster and more clearly, without having to jump to separate pages — and its user interface is more intuitive, offering easy access to full-resolution images and information, with links to the file repository for editing. The tool has been tested extensively across all Wikimedia wikis over the past six months as a Beta Feature and has been released to the largest Wikipedias, all language Wikisources, and the English Wikivoyage already.

If you do not like this feature, you can easily turn it off by clicking on "Disable Media Viewer" at the bottom of the screen, pulling up the information panel (or in your your preferences) whether you have an account or not. Learn more in this Media Viewer Help page.

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments about Media Viewer. You are invited to share your feedback in this discussion on in any language, to help improve this feature. You are also welcome to take this quick survey in English, en français, o español.

We hope you enjoy Media Viewer. Many thanks to all the community members who helped make it possible. - Fabrice Florin (WMF) (talk) 19. júní 2014 kl. 21:54 (UTC)[svara]

--This message was sent using MassMessage. Was there an error? Report it!

MIKILVÆGT: Endurskoðun á virkni stjórnenda

Halló. Ný stefna um fjarlægingu sérstakra réttinda (stjórnenda, möppudýra og þess háttar) var nýlega samþykkt af altæku samfélagi wmf verkefna (samfélagið hérna fékk tilkynningu um þá umræðu). Samkvæmt stefnunni fara ráðsmenn yfir virkni stjórnenda á minni verkefnum. Eftir okkar bestu vitund, hefur wiki-verkefnið þitt ekki ferli þar sem sérstök réttindi eru afturkölluð hjá óvirkum aðgöngum. Þetta þýðir að ráðsmennirnir munu sjá um þetta á þessum wiki samkvæmt nýju stefnunni um endurskoðun á virkni stjórnenda.

Við höfum fundið út að eftirfarandi notendur séu óvirkir (engar breytingar og aðgerðir í meira en 2 ár):

  1. Arnason (stjórnandi)
  2. Friðrik Bragi Dýrfjörð (möppudýr, stjórnandi)
  3. Iceman (möppudýr, stjórnandi)
  4. Krun (stjórnandi)
  5. Nori (stjórnandi)
  6. Stalfur (möppudýr, stjórnandi)

Þessir notendur munu fá tilkynningu bráðlega sem biður þá um að hefja umræðu ef þeir vilja halda einhverjum eða öllum réttindum sínum. Ef notendurnir svara ekki, þá verður réttindin þeirra afturkölluð af ráðsmönnum.

Hinsvegar, ef samfélagið hér vill annað hvort búa til sína egin stefnu um óvirka notendur sem myndi koma í staðinn fyrir altæku stefnuna, komast að annari niðurstöðu um óvirka notendur með sérstök réttindi eða hefur nú þegar stefnu sem við höfum ekki tekið eftir, vinsamlegast tilkynntu ráðsmönnum um það á meta-wiki svo við vitum að ekkert þurfi að gera varðandi endurskoðun réttinda á þínum wiki. Takk, Rschen7754 7. ágúst 2014 kl. 05:39 (UTC)[svara]

Letter petitioning WMF to reverse recent decisions

The Wikimedia Foundation recently created a new feature, "superprotect" status. The purpose is to prevent pages from being edited by elected administrators -- but permitting WMF staff to edit them. It has been put to use in only one case: to protect the deployment of the Media Viewer software on German Wikipedia, in defiance of a clear decision of that community to disable the feature by default, unless users decide to enable it.

If you oppose these actions, please add your name to this letter. If you know non-Wikimedians who support our vision for the free sharing of knowledge, and would like to add their names to the list, please ask them to sign an identical version of the letter on

-- JurgenNL (talk) 21. ágúst 2014 kl. 17:35 (UTC)[svara]

Process ideas for software development

’’My apologies for writing in English.’’


I am notifying you that a brainstorming session has been started on Meta to help the Wikimedia Foundation increase and better affect community participation in software development across all wiki projects. Basically, how can you be more involved in helping to create features on Wikimedia projects? We are inviting all interested users to voice their ideas on how communities can be more involved and informed in the product development process at the Wikimedia Foundation. It would be very appreciated if you could translate this message to help inform your local communities as well.

I and the rest of my team welcome you to participate. We hope to see you on Meta.

Kind regards, -- Rdicerb (WMF) talk 21. ágúst 2014 kl. 22:15 (UTC)[svara]

--This message was sent using MassMessage. Was there an error? Report it!

Grants to improve your project

Apologies for English. Please help translate this message.

Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants program is accepting proposals for funding new experiments from September 1st to 30th. Your idea could improve Wikimedia projects with a new tool or gadget, a better process to support community-building on your wiki, research on an important issue, or something else we haven't thought of yet. Whether you need $200 or $30,000 USD, Individual Engagement Grants can cover your own project development time in addition to hiring others to help you.

Change in renaming process

Part or all of this message may be in English. Please help translate if possible.

-- User:Keegan (WMF) (talk) 9. september 2014 kl. 16:23 (UTC)[svara]

Meta RfCs on two new global groups

Hello all,

There are currently requests for comment open on meta to create two new global groups. The first is a group for members of the OTRS permissions queue, which would grant them autopatrolled rights on all wikis except those who opt-out. That proposal can be found at m:Requests for comment/Creation of a global OTRS-permissions user group. The second is a group for Wikimedia Commons admins and OTRS agents to view deleted file pages through the 'viewdeletedfile' right on all wikis except those who opt-out. The second proposal can be found at m:Requests for comment/Global file deletion review.

We would like to hear what you think on both proposals. Both are in English; if you wanted to translate them into your native language that would also be appreciated.

It is possible for individual projects to opt-out, so that users in those groups do not have any additional rights on those projects. To do this please start a local discussion, and if there is consensus you can request to opt-out of either or both at m:Stewards' noticeboard.

Thanks and regards, Ajraddatz (talk) 26. október 2014 kl. 18:04 (UTC)[svara]

Global AbuseFilter


AbuseFilter is a MediaWiki extension used to detect likely abusive behavior patterns, like pattern vandalism and spam. In 2013, Global AbuseFilters were enabled on a limited set of wikis including Meta-Wiki,, Wikispecies and (in early 2014) all the "small wikis". Recently, global abuse filters were enabled on "medium sized wikis" as well. These filters are currently managed by stewards on Meta-Wiki and have shown to be very effective in preventing mass spam attacks across Wikimedia projects. However, there is currently no policy on how the global AbuseFilters will be managed although there are proposals. There is an ongoing request for comment on policy governing the use of the global AbuseFilters. In the meantime, specific wikis can opt out of using the global AbuseFilter. These wikis can simply add a request to this list on Meta-Wiki. More details can be found on this page at Meta-Wiki. If you have any questions, feel free to ask on m:Talk:Global AbuseFilter.


PiRSquared17, Glaisher

— 14. nóvember 2014 kl. 17:34 (UTC)

VisualEditor coming to this wiki as a Beta Feature


Hello. Please excuse the English. I would be grateful if you translated this message!

VisualEditor, a rich-text editor for MediaWiki, will soon be available on this wiki as a Beta Feature. The estimated date of activation is Wednesday, 26 November.

To access it, you will need to visit the Beta-eiginleikar page after the deployment and tick the box next to "⧼Visualeditor-preference-core-label⧽". (If you have enabled the "Sjálfkrafa virkja flesta beta-eiginleika" option, VisualEditor will be automatically available for you.) There will also be a "⧼Visualeditor-preference-language-label⧽" that you can enable if you need it.

Then, you just have to click on "Breyta" to start VisualEditor, or on "Breyta frumkóða" to edit using wikitext markup. You can even begin to edit pages with VisualEditor and then switch to the wikitext editor simply by clicking on its tab at any point, and you can keep your changes when doing so.

A guide was just published at so that you can learn how to support your community with this transition: please read and translate it if you can! You will find all the information about the next steps there. Please report any suggestions or issues at the main feedback page. You will also receive the next issues of the multilingual monthly newsletter here on this page: if you want it delivered elsewhere, for example at your personal talk page, please add the relevant page here.

Thanks for your attention and happy editing, Elitre (WMF) 21. nóvember 2014 kl. 18:12 (UTC)[svara]

VisualEditor coming to this wiki as a Beta Feature (errata)

VisualEditor News #10—2014

26. desember 2014 kl. 18:59 (UTC)

MIKILVÆGT: Endurskoðun á virkni stjórnenda

Halló. Ný stefna um fjarlægingu sérstakra réttinda (stjórnenda, möppudýra og þess háttar) var nýlega samþykkt af altæku samfélagi wmf verkefna (samfélagið hérna fékk tilkynningu um þá umræðu). Samkvæmt stefnunni fara ráðsmenn yfir virkni stjórnenda á minni verkefnum. Eftir okkar bestu vitund, hefur wiki-verkefnið þitt ekki ferli þar sem sérstök réttindi eru afturkölluð hjá óvirkum aðgöngum. Þetta þýðir að ráðsmennirnir munu sjá um þetta á þessum wiki samkvæmt nýju stefnunni um endurskoðun á virkni stjórnenda.

Við höfum fundið út að eftirfarandi notendur séu óvirkir (engar breytingar og aðgerðir í meira en 2 ár):

  1. S.Örvarr.S (stjórnandi)

Þessir notendur munu fá tilkynningu bráðlega sem biður þá um að hefja umræðu ef þeir vilja halda einhverjum eða öllum réttindum sínum. Ef notendurnir svara ekki, þá verður réttindin þeirra afturkölluð af ráðsmönnum.

Hinsvegar, ef samfélagið hér vill annað hvort búa til sína egin stefnu um óvirka notendur sem myndi koma í staðinn fyrir altæku stefnuna, komast að annari niðurstöðu um óvirka notendur með sérstök réttindi eða hefur nú þegar stefnu sem við höfum ekki tekið eftir, vinsamlegast tilkynntu ráðsmönnum um það á meta-wiki svo við vitum að ekkert þurfi að gera varðandi endurskoðun réttinda á þínum wiki. Takk, Rschen7754 13. janúar 2015 kl. 05:03 (UTC)[svara]

VisualEditor News #1—2015

5. febrúar 2015 kl. 18:31 (UTC)

Wikidata is coming

(Sorry for writing in English. It'd be great if someone could translate this where necessary.)

Hi everyone :)

I am Wikidata's product manager. I wanted to reach out to you about Wikidata support for Wikibooks. Wikidata is storing structured data for Wikimedia projects (and others). These are for example things like the date of birth of a famous author or the height of a mountain. We are giving access to this data to all Wikimedia projects step by step. It is now Wikibooks' turn. As a first step you will be able to maintain your interwiki links on Wikidata. This means you no longer have to store them in the article text of each language. Instead they are stored just once on Wikidata together with all the other projects. (You will still be able to store them in the article text if you really want to but then they overwrite the links coming from Wikidata. Sometimes that is useful.) This first step should happen on February 24th. In the next step you will get access to all the other data on Wikidata. I do not have a date for that yet.

I am looking forward to having you join the Wikidata family! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me. There is a special page for you on Wikidata that will hopefully help you and is a good place to ask questions: d:Wikidata:Wikibooks.

Cheers Lydia Pintscher (WMDE) 6. febrúar 2015 kl. 19:41 (UTC)

Wikidata support for interwiki links is here

Hey everyone :)

(Sorry for writing in English. It'd be great if someone could translate where appropriate.)

As previously announced we have enabled interwiki links via Wikidata for Wikibooks last night. This means from now on you no longer have to maintain the links in the wikitext but can maintain them together with the links for Wikipedia, Commons, Wikivoyage, Wikisource, Wikinews and Wikiquote on Wikidata. You will still be able to keep them locally though if you want to. Local interwiki links will overwrite the ones from Wikidata. If you don't want any interwiki links from Wikidata on a particular page you can use the magic word {{noexternallanglinks}}.

You do not yet have access to the other data on Wikidata like the date of birth of an author. That will come in a future deployment. I will let you know when I have a date for it.

If you have any questions d:Wikidata:Wikibooks is a good first step. That is also a good place for any issues or bugs you encounter.

I'm very happy to welcome you all to Wikidata! I hope it will become a great help for Wikibooks.

Cheers Lydia -- Lydia Pintscher (WMDE) 25. febrúar 2015 kl. 07:58 (UTC)[svara]

[Global proposal] m.Wikibæ (allir) Breyta síðum

MediaWiki mobile

Hi, this message is to let you know that, on domains like, unregistered users cannot edit. At the Wikimedia Forum, where global configuration changes are normally discussed, a few dozens users propose to restore normal editing permissions on all mobile sites. Please read and comment!

Thanks and sorry for writing in English, Nemo 1. mars 2015 kl. 22:34 (UTC)[svara]

Inspire Campaign: Improving diversity, improving content

This March, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas for improving gender diversity on Wikimedia projects. Less than 20% of Wikimedia contributors are women, and many important topics are still missing in our content. We invite all Wikimedians to participate. If you have an idea that could help address this problem, please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 31.

All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive, positive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign and help this project better represent the world’s knowledge!

(Sorry for the English - please translate this message!) MediaWiki message delivery (spjall) 4. mars 2015 kl. 20:02 (UTC)[svara]

SUL finalization update

Hi all,apologies for writing in English, please read this page for important information and an update involving SUL finalization, scheduled to take place in one month. Thanks. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 13. mars 2015 kl. 19:45 (UTC)[svara]